Agricultural Technology terms are related to the use of the latest techniques for the production of machines used in agricultural activities. These machines are made for different stages of the agricultural procedure. In other words, it is an application of the technique to control the progress and harvesting of farm production and animal husbandry.
The present farms and its operations are far better and improved than those a few years back. The main reason is the advancements in technology. This technical progress developed more rapidly in the 20th century than in all previous history.
Technology has Bought Multiple Benefits in the Pursuit of Greater Yields
Till today, the National Agricultural Research System has generated different types of agricultural technologies for the benefits of farmers. Over the years, farmers have adopted techniques in their pursuit of higher yields; the belief that “technology is always better” has come.
The developing technology of agricultural machines has modified a lot so that harvester and planters can do a better job. It is also changing the way people used to do, a computer monitoring system, GPS locators, and self-steed program let the most advanced tractors and implements to be more precise and less wasteful in the use of fuel, seed, and fertiliser and so on. The Satellite-controlled and underwater lettuce pods are the latest adventures of technical development in the agricultural aspect.
Advantages of Agricultural Technology
- Data says that advanced technologies can boost the global crop yields up to 67% fulfilling the increasing demand of the population.
- The robotic progress brings more reliable monitoring and management of natural resources like air, water and so on.
- It gives you excellent control over plant and animal production, processing, distribution, store and other works.
- The technical progress provides a single window to solve different problems happen in the various agricultural activities.
- Recent development has bought fantastic change in the way people used to work earlier by making it simpler and more comfortable.
- It is the fact that this technical development has bought multiple advantages, but it has adverse effects too. There are numerous adverse effects on natural ecosystems and biodiversity due to it.
Technology is changing and affecting every aspect of human society, and farming is not an exception. The production is getting higher and better only because of the latest agricultural techniques. And, that is why it is getting a significant enhancement.