As you know, in India, the need of Aadhaar card is now required for everyone. So it is very important that all the information on your Aadhaar card is correct. The information of name, address, date of birth etc. is necessary to be correct in your Aadhaar card, otherwise many work related to your Aadhaar may get stuck.
You can change your permanent home address online
You can improve many information given in the Aadhar card online, such as name, address, date of birth, etc., but a big problem comes when you change the address. This problem is mostly faced by those who live in rented houses. Because after changing the rental house, it becomes difficult to change the permanent address in the Aadhaar card again and again. In view of this problem of tenants, UIDAI has given a special facility, so that people can now update the address while sitting at home.
No need to go to aadhar center
In order to change the permanent address in the Aadhaar card, first people had to take an appointment and after that they had to go to the Aadhaar center. Here they had to submit all the supporting documents. Only after this, the process of changing the address in the Aadhaar card was started. But now this work can be done online from home. There is no need to go to Aadhaar Center for this.
What is the application process on the website?
If you also want to change the address in the Aadhaar card, then its process is very easy. For this, you must have a soft copy of the new Rent Agreement. At the time of application, the Rent Agreement has to be scanned and uploaded a copy of it.
- First open the official site of UIDAI https://uidai.gov.in/
- Then click on the Address Request (Online) option.
- A new window will open as soon as you click on the Address Request (Online) option. Click on the update address option here.
- After that, enter the Aadhar Card number and click, then the otp will come and enter it and log in.
- After this, fill in all the details that have been asked in front of you one by one.
- After filling all the details, upload the copy of Rent Agreement.
- On proceeding with the process, an OTP will come on your registered mobile number.
- After filling this OTP, press the Submit button.
- Now your request will be saved on the server and after few days the address will change in your Aadhaar.
What is a process for changing address in aadhaar card by visiting Aadhaar Enrollment Center?
If you do not want the online process of changing the address in the Aadhaar card, then you can also change it offline. For this, you have to go to the Aadhaar Enrollment Center. At the Aadhaar Enrollment Center, you will get the Aadhaar updation or Corrections form, which you will have to fill and submit. With this, you will need to photocopy a sporting document such as Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Voter Card or Passport. The address will change in your Aadhaar card within 30 days from one week of submitting the form.